Article 1 (Definitions)
(1) The "Site" shall mean the website named "Donation to Japanese Municipality produced by Furusato Choice" operated by the Company.
(3) "Content" shall mean information transmitted or posted on the Internet, such as digital data, including texts and images, or any combination of such data.
(4) "Municipality" shall mean a municipality in Japan that receives and stores donations through the Site.
(5) "Donate" shall mean making of a monetary Donation by a User to a particular Municipality by using the Site and such money is referred to as "Contribution."
(6) "Contribution Certificate" means a certificate evidencing that the User has Donated.
Article 2 (Outline of the Services)
1. The Services are services that allow the Donating of money to a particular Municipality and related procedures to be undertaken.
2. The User may Donate to a Municipality by selecting the Municipality to Donate to through the Site.
3. The Company may distribute e-mail magazines, provide advertisements and other information to those who have Donated using the Site.
Article 3 (Expenses for Use of the Site/the Services)
The User shall, at its own expense and responsibility, prepare communications equipment, software, telephone use agreements, and Internet access contracts required to use the Site, and each party shall assume the communication charges, connection charges, etc., pertaining to the use of the Site.
Article 4 (Method of Application to Donate)
1. If the User Donates through the Site or any other medium provided by the Company, the prescribed information displayed on the screen on the Site or on the transition screen from the Site shall be entered in the manner prescribed by the Company.
2. The User may not withdraw an application upon completion of the application procedure for Donating through the Site.
Article 5 (Method of Payment of Contribution)
1. The User may Donate only in Japanese yen by either of the following methods of payment. Provided, however, that such methods shall be limited to the methods that are available at the time of the User uses Services.
(1) Credit cards (only for credit cards indicated); and
(2) Other methods of payment determined by the respective Municipality.
2. The User acknowledges that the Company (which is the authorized payer designated by the Municipality), the credit card company, or other payment service provider (including the business operator having a business alliance with the authorized payer, and hereinafter referred to as the "Payment Service Provider, Etc. (Authorized Payer)") may make advance payments of the Contribution at the request of the User.
4. The User shall enter accurately and without omission all prescribed information required on the Site corresponding to the method of payment chosen by the User.
5. The User shall complete the payment by the date designated if the due date is designated in the payment method selected by it.
6. If the User Donates through the Site, payment shall be deemed to have been made retroactively at the time of completion of the settlement of these methods of payment when the Municipality receives the Contribution in accordance with the method of payment. Provided, however, that when the donation is made by way of a collection agency, the payment shall be deemed to have been made at the time when the Contribution is received in the corresponding account of the payee, etc.
7. The User shall assume all expenses, including exchange commissions and other remittance charges incurred as a result of using the Site.
Article 6 (Contribution Certificate)
1. Contribution Certificate will not be issued for the Services. Please refer to the text of the e-mail and information otherwise stated (hereinafter referred to as the "Payment Confirmation Notice") to be sent after confirmation by the Company that the User has paid for the Donation to the effect that the User has made the Donation through the Site.
2. The Company makes no warranty, express or implied, for the Payment Confirmation Notice sent by the Company as to its usefulness, fitness for any purpose, or otherwise, including that it may be used as a certificate for tax purposes in any country or territory where taxation may be imposed on the User.
Article 7 (Handling of Personal Information)
Article 8 (Communication Method)
1. If the Company contacts the User in connection with the use of the Site, such contact shall be made by a method that the Company chooses at its discretion based on the information registered by the User at the time of use of the Site (hereinafter referred to as the "User Information").
2. The Company shall not be liable for any damage or disadvantage caused to the User by any failure to notify or contact the User due to any error in the User Information.
3. Inquiries about the Services and other communications from the User shall be made only by inquiry to the Company’s inquiry e-mail (email@example.com).
Article 9 (Intellectual Property Rights)
1. All intellectual property rights, such as copyrights, portrait rights, and any other rights to information transmitted by the Company through the Site, all content constituting the Site, and information acquired by User using the Site shall belong to the Company or any third party with such rights (hereinafter referred to as "Right Holder") and the User shall not reproduce, etc. such information without the permission of the Company and the Right Holder.
2. In the event of any damage to the Company due to the infringement of the intellectual property rights or any other rights of the Company or the Right Holder, the User shall compensate the Company for such damage.
Article 10 (Prohibited Matters)
1. The Company prohibits the User from engaging in any of the acts listed in the following items.
(1) Acts that violate or are likely to violate laws and regulations;
(2) Acts that violate or are likely to violate public order and morals;
(4) Acts that infringe or are likely to infringe upon the rights of the Company or any third party;
(5) Acts of providing benefits to Anti-Social Forces and other acts of cooperation;
(6) Acts of transferring of criminal proceeds or assisting or aiding and abetting therein;
(7) Acts of impersonating a third party or intentionally transmitting false information;
(8) Acts of unauthorized access or encouraging such;
(9) Acts that imposes significant burdens on equipment or functions required for the operation of the Site, such as servers, software, networks, etc. of the Company;
(10) Acts of transmission or dissemination of harmful programs or files, such as computer viruses, to the Company or a third party;
(11) Acts similar to or inducing of any of the preceding items; or
(12) Any other acts deemed inappropriate by the Company.
2. If the Company determines that any of the preceding items applies to the User, the Company may suspend the use of the Services and take other necessary measures. In this case, the Company shall not be liable for any damage or disadvantage caused to the User.
Article 11 (Disclaimer)
2. The Company does not warrant the reliability, accuracy, legality, usefulness, or recentness of the information provided or posted in connection with the use of the Services. The User shall use such information as determined by it at its own risk.
3. If the User receives any tax credit in connection with Donating, the User shall examine the procedures related thereto itself and perform the procedures at its responsibility and the Company shall have no liability whatsoever.
4. The Company shall not be liable in the event of any damage to the User due to the use or unavailability of the Site, except for damage caused by willful misconduct or gross negligence of the Company. In addition, the scope of the Company's liability for damage shall be limited to such damage as would normally occur (except for any loss of profits, and not including any extraordinary damage, whether foreseeable or not).
6. Any dispute arising between the User and any third party or any damage or disadvantage caused by the User to any third party shall be settled at the User's own responsibility and expense and the Company shall not be liable for such damage or disadvantage.
Article 12 (Discontinuation, Change, or Termination of the Services)
1. If falling under any of the following, the Company may suspend or interrupt temporarily the Services in whole or in part without prior notice to User. The Company shall not be liable in any way for any damage to the User caused by such suspension or interruption.
(1) If the Services cannot be provided due to occurrence of failure or breakdown of the server, communication lines, or other facilities, or any other reasons;
(2) If maintenance, inspection, repair, or response to system failures is required for the operation of the Site (including servers, communication lines, power supplies, and structures etc. housing such equipment);
(3) If the Services cannot be provided due to fires, power outages, etc.;
(4) If the Services cannot be provided due to war, civil commotion, natural disaster, earthquake, volcanic eruption, tsunami, labor dispute action, or other force majeure event; or
(5) If the Company otherwise determines that it is necessary to suspend or interrupt temporarily the Services.
2. The Company may, for any reason at its own discretion, change the Services, in whole or in part, at any time without prior notice to User. The Company shall not be liable for any damage to the User caused by such change.
3. The Company may, for any reason at its own discretion, terminate the Services, in whole or in part, with a reasonable notice period (hereinafter referred to as the "Notice Period") by posting a notice on the Site. The Company shall not be liable in any way for damages caused to the User arising from the termination of the Services, in whole or in part, after the end of such Notice Period.
Article 13 (No Assignment)
The User may not assign, transfer, or otherwise dispose of any rights or obligations arising out of the use of the Services to any third party without the prior written consent of the Company.
Article 15 (Governing Law and Jurisdiction)
Established on 1st day of April, 2019
- Google Chrome (Latest)
- Microsoft Edge (Latest)
- Internet Explorer (version 11)
- Safari (Latest)
- iPhone iOS12 or later - Safari (Latest)
- Android 7.0 or later - Google Chrome (Latest)
About the Character Code of E-mails
The e-mails from “Donation to Japanese Municipality produced by Furusato Choice” use the character code "UTF-8," so change the character code to "UTF-8" in your e-mail software to display correctly.